Experiments

When you start a Hair Journey (HJ), experimenting is a very important part of it, and especially at the beginning (I think no one will say the contrary).
 
Deciding to go on a HJ is not an easy thing when it comes to the whole organisation: you have so many questions going through your head once you've said "That's it! I'm going to take care of my hair!". No matter what your reason for it is and the goals you set for yourself and your hair, you will have to experiment at some point.
 
And this does not have to be a bad and tedious thing: experiment is a good part of the whole process. Now, the only surprise you might get with experimenting is....you might turn into a Product Junkie lol I know I definitely turned into one at the beginning and although I have managed to stop myself from buying every single product I read about in forums and saw on TV, I still from time to time buy some things I don't necessary need there and then. And it also doesn't mean I don't have a wish list of things I would like to experiment with in the future.
 
Soooo! All of this to say that after almost three years on my HJ, I still experiment with new techniques or products on a regular basis. Just because I have found a regimen that works for me, doesn't mean that I stick to it religiously. There are loads of things that can make me change my regimen: for example, I have moved around a lot in the last year or so and I have not been able to carry all my staple products with me abroad. And sometimes, finding them in another country is not easy! So you have to adapt, and find new things. Other times, a product your hair loved for months simply stops "working" (despite clarifying your hair for an product build up). In that case, I stop using it for a little while and get back to it later on.
 
I had used the Baggy Method (I will discuss this method in my next post) at the beginning of my HJ. But had stopped. After the cold (VERY cold) weather, my hair needed some serious TCL so I started using it again. But my usual product didn't seem to work. Which meant one thing: experimenting time for Pti Kikó!
 
I created my own mix: Rosewater and Glycerin (yes, as the Winter is gone now, Glycerin is back in the place). But I had put a little bit too much Glycerin and the mix was a bit sticky on my hands so I added a tiny bit of my VO5 conditioner. Shook it well and voilà! I will see how it goes after a few weeks of using it. But so far, it is OK.

Click on image to enlarge

Click on image to enlarge
 
What about you ladies? What mixes do you make that help your hair when in need of TLC? Or methods?

No comments:

Post a Comment